Our Mission Statement
As the student chapter of the national organization, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Cal Poly Pomona student chapter shares IEEE's core purpose to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Cal Poly Pomona student chapter exists for the betterment of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and its students. With an emphasis on Electrical and Computer Engineering, we focus on the technical, professional, and individual development of all of our student engineers and non-engineers alike. We share IEEE's vision of being essential to the global technical community and to technical professionals everywhere, and being universally recognized for the contributions of technology and of technical professionals in improving global conditions.
What We've Provided and Continue to Nurture
- Industry tours to major companies, such as Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Western Digital.
- Hands-on technical workshops, including our most popular quarterly soldering tutorial.
- Informational presentations by various companies that include, but are not limited to, Raytheon, Thales, and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Endless networking and professional communication opportunities with industry professionals and alumni working in industry.
- Fun, engaging, social activities for our current and graduated student members to expand professional and social networks.
- Professional development opportunities through locally hosted conferences, such as SPAx (Student Professional Awareness Experience).
Interested in getting involved?
Head on over to our Get Involved page to see how you can become an avid contributor to our mission and help support the professional, technical, and individual development opportunities that we have in store for you!