Without you as members, there is no us as an organization.
Step 1: Join INTERnationally
This is the most important first step in getting involved with us. Your international membership also acts our local membership.
You will receive access to multiple IEEE resources that include, but are not limited to:
- product discounts
- magazine subscriptions
- resume building tools
- career resources
- international conferences
- ..and so much more
To find a full list of membership benefits, please visit IEEE's Global Benefits Finder and click Browse member benefits.
There will be almost everything, if not everything, for you to provide yourself with the best experiences and developmental opportunities for your technical, professional, and individual life.
As a student, now is the perfect time to join! Get the student membership at an amazing 83.42% off!
- Full Membership (Student): $32 (regular: $193) - Must apply between August 16 and February 28.*
- Half Membership (Student): $16 (regular: $96.50) - Must apply between March 1 and August 15.**
* Membership applications processed between August 16 and December 31 will be applied to the following year.
(e.g. August 16, 2015 - February 28, 2016 will apply until December 31, 2016.)
** Half memberships are only valid until December 31 of the current year of application.
(e.g. March 1, 2016 - August 15, 2016 will only apply until December 31, 2016.)
To join internationally, click the Join IEEE Internationally button below, proceed to Join as a student, and follow the instructions provided to complete your membership application.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an official electronic membership card, which you can show to us to receive even more benefits, such as:
- free food at meetings & events
- priority to limited-access events, such as Industry Lunch n' Learns & our end-of-quarter catering social
- 1 membership t-shirt
To successfully prove your membership to Cal Poly Pomona, please follow Steps 2 and the Last Step provided below.
Step 2: Join locally
This step is important so that we can add you to Cal Poly Pomona's official roster.
Please fill out the form below so that we can add you to our database and directly contact you about all of our activities.
NOTE: Submitting the form below is NOT an official membership. You must follow the instructions in Step 1 (above) and Last Step (below) to complete this process.
* List of majors were obtained from Cal Poly Pomona's Programs Catalog. If you do not see your major listed, please contact us at email@example.com.
** Please visit this link to see how we have defined dietary restrictions as listed below.
Last step: Make your CPP IEEE membership official
To prove your international membership and be identified as an official member of our student chapter, you must show your membership card to our secretary.
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to ensure that you receive our student branch benefits that include, but are not limited to: free food at meetings & events, priority to limited-access events, such as Industry Lunch n' Learns & our end-of-quarter catering social, a membership t-shirt, and much more.
- Go to www.ieee.org and click Sign in in the top right corner of the page.
- Sign in with the same email address and password you used for Step 1.
- Hover over your name in the top right corner of the page and click My Account.
- From the account homepage, view the Profile Settings menu on the left and click Membership and Subscription History under "Personalize your IEEE experience".
- Click Print your membership card, and your official electronic membership card will show as a printable document.
- Ensure your membership indicates Valid Through 31 December 2018 so that we can confirm your membership is active.
- Save your membership card with the following naming format IEEE_2018-2019_MembershipCard_FirstnameLastname.PDF.
- NOTE: It is in our best interest to respect everyone's privacy and private data, so all personal information in these membership cards will be kept private and will not be disclosed to any third-party or unauthorized person.
- Email your membership card to our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title IEEE - 2018-2019 Membership Card - Firstname Lastname and wait for confirmation email that will be sent out within 1-3 business days.
- Congratulations! You are now an official international member of IEEE and official student member of CPP IEEE.